Tuesday, October 18, 2016

About Jim


I am the owner/Captain and crew of Maluhia.  I was born in Eastern Washington and grew up in Freeman, Washington.   My first sailing experience was on a 65-foot sailboat as a deckhand, engineer, and dive master in the late 80s.   We made weekly trips across the gulf stream to the Bahamas from Miami.  I spent around year in Florida before returning to Washington to finish my education.  I graduate in 1993 from Washington State University with BS in Civil Engineering.   After college, I took a temporary position with Acme Materials and Construction in the Concrete Paving Division.  I started in quality control in Mountain Home, Idaho and finished as the Grinding Division Manager for Acme Concrete Paving.  Along the way, I have work in most of the Western United States and survived several ownership changes. 
I work for 22 years for Acme in which time I met and married my wife Karen and got two boys, Jason and Justin in the process.

At the end of July 2015, I decided I had been a temporary employee long enough and retired to concentrate on looking for a sailboat.  The search took me until the spring of 2016 when I begin the courtship of Maluhia.  
Maluhia

No comments:

Post a Comment